- About Us
- Contact Us
SMSA is the National Association of State Motorcycle Safety Administrators (SMSA).
SMSA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides leadership for state administered motorcycle safety programs.
OUR MISSION - To assist motorcycle safety programs, through collaboration and partnerships, to implement comprehensive, data-driven motorcycle safety programs and countermeasures to achieve a significant reduction in motorcycle operator traffic crashes, fatalities and injuries.
OUR VISION - To be recognized as a national leader and resource for motorcycle safety programs.
1) Expand member support services and benefits.
2) Support and encourage comprehensive motorcycle safety programs and countermeasures at the national, State and local levels.
3) Support the NHTSA Highway Safety Program Guideline No. 3 – Motorcycle Safety as a national priority and develop programs and resources to assist State and local Programs.
4) Support and encourage comprehensive State Motorcycle Safety Plans.
5) Establish and maintain partnerships with federal, State, professional and stakeholder organizations that support comprehensive motorcycle safety programs.
6) Serve as an online clearinghouse for resources and materials that assist in developing, implementing and evaluating comprehensive motorcycle safety programs.
7) Serve as a trusted national resource and partner for motorcycle safety issues and advocacy.
1) Respect the diversity of our members and partners.
2) Collaborate with our members and partners.
3) Provide opportunities for open communication between our members and partners.
4) Operate in an ethical, professional and transparent manner.
5) Operate in a fiscally responsible manner.
6) Build trust and confidence by committing to excellence.
7) Promote evidence-based practices and approaches.